Submit your resume by mail to:
Barker Lemar Companies
1801 Industrial Circle
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
senior PROJECT ENGINEER (P.E.)
Perform senior technical review of engineering company documents related to assigned projects. May serve as the engineer of record (QC&A Officer) on assigned projects. Provide support to project teams as needed based on area of engineering expertise (solid waste, environmental, civil, surveying, etc.) Oversee and manage assigned projects and results. May serve as client relationship contact to ensure good communication and satisfactory results. Responsible for identifying new market areas and new clients and working those ideas personally or passing along to the Business Development team. Seek out and develop additional project opportunities and prepare proposals to fund growth. Prepare and review technical reports as required. Interact and negotiate with regulatory agencies at the local, state and federal levels.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Write concise project communications, documents and reports with appropriate level of technical detail and complexity for submittal to various regulatory agencies.
2. Perform and review detailed engineering designs and calculations as necessary to comply with project guidelines, permits, and applicable regulations.
3. Manage, design, and develop small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
4. Analyze and assess data (maps, reports, laboratory data, drawings, tests, and other) to provide creative solutions.
5. Plan and manage budget for assigned projects. Includes annual and monthly revenue forecasting and review for client base. Also responsible for overseeing individual project budgets.
6. Establish and maintain strong client and regulatory relationships. Involved in existing and new client business development activities. Provide marketing support including trade show attendance, technical client meetings, and development of written materials including newsletter articles and materials for marketing.
7. Act as client manager for large accounts. Includes direct contact with client, responding to their requests regarding project scheduling, client budgeting, and project billing; understand client preferences, manage client concerns and act as a liaison with the regulatory community.
8. Direct and oversee coordination of project and field personnel to ensure project schedules and budgets are met.
10. Works with project staff to determine work scope, assign duties, and provide technical advice and resolve problems.
11. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes that affect our business and clients. Attend meetings and be on task forces and subcommittees as required to meet this goal.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. Advanced degree in a related field a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10+ years relevant experience in an engineering role. Expertise in Landfill Gas/Title V/NSPS system design and compliance a plus. Understanding of environmental and/ or solid waste engineering concepts and project management methodologies. Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principals to projects, conduct technical investigations and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Professional Engineer (P.E.)